Diagnostic Manual, Climate Control, Volume 1
Quality Control and Heater Output Test Program - Preparation for Test
|1. Perform "Function Test" 11 /1 and allow vehicle to stand outside overnight.
2. Install temperature probes, see Figure 1 for Quality Control and Figure 2 for Heater Output.
3. Outside air temperature < + 15° C.
4. Refrigerant temperature < + 40° C.
5. Side windows and pop-up and sliding/pop-up roof closed.
6. Attach temperature probe to right sun visor (arrow, Figure 1) and connect to multimeter, thereafter turn on multimeter.
7. Drive vehicle approx. 10 minutes before starting the measurements. With outside air temperatures < 0° C, a longer test drive is required.
Do not perform the A/C tests with the vehicle in the service shop, perform tests on vehicle which has been parked outside overnight.
Interior temperature < + 20° C.
Electrical wiring diagrams :
Electrical Troubleshooting Manual, Model 202/208, Vol. 2, Group 83
Test equipment; See MBUSA Standard Service Equipment Program
||Brand, model, etc.
||Fluke models 23, 83, 85, 87 with thermocouple
|Manifold gauge set (for R134a only)
|R134a Recovery/Recycling/Recharging Service Equipment
|1) Available through the MBUSA Standard Equipment Program.