Diagnostic Manual, Body and Accessories,
Electrical Test Program - Preparation for Test
|Preparation for Test:
1. Battery voltage 11 - 14 V,
2. Fuses ok,
3. Connect HHT, see section 0
Injury hazard from pinching and crushing, in extreme cases extremities can
even be severed when caught in windshield wiper mechanism.
When working in the area of the windshield wiper mechanism with the ignition
key in position "1" or "2" the wiper arm or wiper linkage
can be pushed out of its park position and start running unintentionally.
This can result in severe injuries by cutting, pinching or crushing body
Always remove ignition key before working on windshield wiper mechanism.
- Always remove ignition key before working on windshield wiper mechanism.
- Do not reach into the wiper mechanism at any time during any tests.
- Keep sufficient distance away from any moving parts.
- Supervise work.
- Wear tight fitting clothing and hair net.
Electrical wiring diagrams:
Electrical Troubleshooting Manual, Model 163,
(available in Work Shop Information System [WIS] only)
Test equipment; See MBUSA Standard Service
||Brand, model, etc.|
||Fluke models 23, 77 III, 83, 85, 87|