Diagnostic Manual, Chassis and Drivetrain,
Diagnosis - Function Test
Notes regarding Transfer Case DTC Memory
1. If there are DTC's stored in the transfer case memory, then additional tests can be acomplished via the HHT (such as: comparison of Nominal/Actual Values).
2. The HHT will show in its display only defective electrical components, or will refer directly to additional tests.
3. Should additional Actual Values be required for diagnosis, then these can be displayed by pressing the F1 key. Pressing the "<" (return) key, returns the display back to the current troubleshooting text selected.
4. Information found in the Diagnostic Manual can be retrieved by pressing the F4 key. Pressing the "<" (return) key, returns the display back to the current troubleshooting text selected.
5. To allow for quicker troubleshooting and to reduce the individual tests to a minimum, all text pertaining to the transfer case have been incroporated into the HHT test software. Which means that the entire test sequence is shown once the DTC stored in the memory is selected. The test sequence includes details on fault causes and their solutions.
6. Cables and connections are included in the HHT test, however, they should be checked again individually for open circuits, good contact
and proper connection, according to the wiring diagram.