Diagnostic Manual, Chassis and Drivetrain,
Mechanical Test Program - Preparation for Test
Preparation for Test
|1. Ignition: OFF
2. Check oil level in oil reservoir, correct if necessary.
3. Lift vehicle at rear on one side.
4. Attach frictional torque measurement adaptor plate (Figure 1) using two opposing wheel bolts on raised wheel. Screw studs with shorter threads into the rear axle shaft flange until they bottom out. Slide frictional torque measurement adaptor plate over studs and tighten knurled nuts by hand.
5. Disconnect ASD control module (N30/2).
6. Bridge sockets 8 and 10 of the ASD control module connector.
Range: 16 - 65 Nm
80 - 260 Nm